TOPCorporate Profile TOPHistory
- NADAYA Mansuke opened a restaurant in Osaka, which became the basis of today’s “NADAMAN”, an exclusive, Japanese-style restaurant.
- Opened “NADAMAN-RO”, a restaurant serving Nagasaki-based Osaka dishes.
- During the 1890s
Opened a general foodstuff store, a pioneer existence of today’s super market, and started selling bread, one of the latest products in those days.
NADAMAN continues to live in writers’ works, too.
- KUSUMOTO Mansuke, the third heir of NADAMAN, is chosen as retinue cook to attend Duke Saionji’s* trip to Europe.
Receiving high acclaim, KUSUMOTO receives the permission to use the ‘Igeta’ mark, the original family emblem of the Sumitomo that had a close relationship with Duke Saionji.
*Duke Saionji: SAIONJI Kinmochi(1849-1940). Serving as the Former Minister to Austria and Germany, he also head the position of Minister Plenipotentiary at the Paris Peace Conference and so on.
- Opened a foodstuff specializing department store at Kitahama 2-chome in Osaka.
Also started operating a Western-style hotel.
Its jazz performance at its restaurant came to be known as “NADAMAN Jazz”.
- Opened a Japanese restaurant inside the Imperial Hotel main building in Tokyo.
- Transferred the main restaurant from Imabashi in Osaka to the Japanese garden to The New Otani Hotel In Tokyo. Named the new restaurant “SAZANKA-SO, NADAMAN Main Restaurant”
- Opened the first overseas restaurant at the Kowloon Shangri-La Hotel in Hong Kong.
- Tokyo Summit formal banquet hosted by the then Prime Minister Nakasone, is held at SAZANKA-SO.
Receives high acclaim from the attending country leaders including President Reagan(US) and Prime Minister Thatcher(UK).
- Opened a general Japanese restaurant called “NADAMAN HINKAN” at Shinjuku Odakyu Manhattan Hills, offering the four Japanese food genres of sushi, tempura, teppan steak and typical Japanese dishes.
- Opened the first “NADAMAN CHUBOW” at the Nihonbashi Mitsukoshi main department store, selling takeaway lunch boxes and ready-to-serve dishes.
- Opened “Super Dining ZIPANGU” on the top floor of Akasaka Tokyu Hotel(current Akasaka Excel Hotel Tokyu). ZIPANGU is a new type of restaurant occupying a total floor space of 1,525 square meters, the largest among all domestic branches.
- In response to the request of Japan Association, opened a Japanese food restaurant at Expo 2005 Aichi Japan for the 2005 World Exposition, and is received well.